Friday, May 29, 2015

Creating SHIFT: Art Guidance Cards, a Process for Promoting Powerful Perspectives!



One of the wonderful aspects of the Symposium is meeting so many like-hearted facilitators, many of whom have developed powerful tools for practice.

Karin with her herd

One such tool is a super cool set of Art Guidance Cards, developed by one of our helpers this year, Karin Bauer from Horse Journey in Canada

Karin painted all of the cards in this unique deck, that she offers to help coaching & counseling clients access their own Inner Wisdom by shifting perspective.

Oftentimes all it takes to dissolve a “problem” is a shift in perspective! 


Art Guidance Cards by Karin BauerAnd these unique cards offer an innovative way for clients to begin accessing their own wisdom, with a simple, yet profound process of selecting a card, tuning into what is seen in it, and then turning the card and repeating the process, noticing what shifts inside as you see the card from all angles!!!


 Right now, Card decks are a popular way for clients to get inspiration and wisdom. 

However, I’m excited about Karin’s deck because it’s the first and ONLY deck to use such a brilliant and unique process for the client to access their own inner wisdom AND take a journey that generates SHIFT!

*******

Recently, I gifted myself the opportunity to try the ONLINE version of the deck to see what SHIFT I could create for myself. I'm sharing my short journey with the process so you may see how powerful these cards can be for yourself and your clients, especially when combined with equine assisted work!

I feel that a large shift is coming in my life that will change the nature of my work, yet, as of now, I am unclear of what this shift will look like. So I started my Art Guidance Card session by asking for guidance in the form of this question: 
  

What is next for me?

The computer then selected this beautiful card for me:


In this process, you are guided to see what you notice in the image and to see where you feel you are in the image. 


For me, my attention was immediately drawn to the purple circle with the white inside it, encircled in black, towards the bottom of the image. It felt to me like a seed that was taking shape. And I felt that I myself was resting next to it, in the yellow encased in black, to the left.

For me, this was ripe with meaning, as the next stage of my mission is being seeded while I rest and recuperate from this year's TeleSummit & Symposium!

Then the process, turns the card a 1/4 turn to the right, so that the image now looks like this:



And once again, you are guided to see what you notice in the image and to see where you feel you are in the image, noticing if anything is different.

From this perspective, my attention was drawn to the striking yellow tendrils of light moving to the right.  And now, I felt that I was inside the small spiral of yellow closest to the seed.

Already, I felt MOVEMENT, as I was no longer encased in the black, but I was being birthed through the spiral moving towards more yellow and golden power! YAY!

Once again, the process, turns the card a 1/4 turn to the right, so that the image now looks like this:



And once more, you are guided to see what you notice in the image and to see where you feel you are in the image, noticing if anything is different.

From this new perspective, my mind saw a vibrant woman with long flowing golden hair and golden energy flowing all around her, powered by a beautiful purple vision that was seeded in her mind. She is gently moving forward, ready for action.

The FEELING this perspective created for me was HUGE and in my BODY. I went from being still and incubating, to being powerful and ready to emerge into flowing, soulful action.

Then again, the process, turns the card a 1/4 turn to the right, so that the image now looks like this:



From this persecptive, my eye is drawn to the golden-yellow on the bottom which feels as if it is helping to incubate & energize the seed, so that it will be ready to be born into the world and become that woman who is flowing the golden energy forward powerfully! 

As I allow in this powerful yellow energy, I feel energized and excited for what is next! Rather than afraid or confused. 


Then again, the process, turns the card a 1/4 turn to the right, so that the image turns full circle and once more looks like this:



At last, you are guided to see the image you began with and to notice if anything is different.

To me, I am in an ENTIRELY different feeling place in my body! Rather than feeling quiet, anxious, and confused, I feel energized, excited, and ready to be birthed into the powerful aspect of my Self that is ready to take action in the world.

Through this process, I've also gained TRUST. I understand that there may be more incubating neccessary, but I can feel the powerful yellow energy offering me sustanence, building and growing my readiness to burst forth into my next level of powerful forward motion, when the timing is right!

It invites me to RELAX into the incubation, RECIEVE the energetic gifts, and TRUST that the time will soon be RIPE for me to claim new action in the world in a powerful, flowing way.

And to that, I say, THANK YOU Karin for designing such a powerful tool for each of us to access our own Inner Wisdom, with such a simple, yet profound process!!!!

The process ends with reading the cards meaning and relating that to your original question, with more coaching guidance as well!

I did this late at night, but if it were during the day, it is easy for me to imagine taking this new insight, with it's new energy and engaging in some equine-inspired work with the herd to anchor this new energy into my body on a new level. To play with this trust, relaxation and receicing, and to see what I notice from there! I'm sure the herd will add a whole new vista to what has already been received from Within!

Can YOU see ways this process could add power to your equine sessions?! Please share your comments below.

********

Want to play with the Art Guidance Cards to enjoy your own Shift?

Enjoy the process here: http://horsejourney.com/guidance-cards-counseling-tools

You can also purchase your own set of affordable Art Guidance Cards at the link above.

They also make GREAT GIFTS!


Enjoy the Journey!

If you try out the online deck, share your experience with us below by posting a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment